Cobra have revealed its new game improvement F-Max irons, both in variable and One Length versions, designed to be their easiest to hit irons ever!
The F-Max irons utilise an ultralight configuration in which lighter shafts and lighter swing weights promote maximum clubhead speed and greater distance for moderate swing speeds.
In addition, the F-MAX Irons feature larger, LAMKIN REL 360 midsize grips (soft compound men’s standard size grips on women’s irons) that deliver a lighter swing weight and improve comfort and consistency on long, mid and short iron shots.
“We are excited to be the first to bring One Length iron technology to the super game improvement segment of the market.” said Tom Olsavsky, VP of R&D for COBRA Golf.
“(It's) allowing senior and women players the simplicity of having one swing and one set-up for their irons, helps make golf a little easier and more fun. And for those players who aren’t quite ready to take the One Length iron plunge, we are confident our new F-MAX variable length irons will provide an unmatched level of consistency and accuracy.”
Game improvement technologies
- Lower Profile with Deep Undercut Design – A lower profile clubhead design moves the centre of gravity low and back for improved launch, while the deeper undercut cavity creates more face flex for maximum ball speeds on off-center hits.
- Progressive Head Construction – Thinner 17-4 stainless steel construction in the long irons (4i-7i) provide improved speed and distance, and a softer 431 stainless steel in the short irons (8i-SW) yield soft feel and precision.
- Back/Heel CG Weighting – Weight is strategically positioned near the heel to promote a straighter, higher ball-flight.
- Offset Design – a progressive offset hosel creates higher trajectory with added draw bias to eliminate slices resulting in more consistently accurate shots.
- Premium Chrome Finish – A new nickel chrome plating provides beautiful aesthetics and increased durability for great looking, longer lasting irons.
Cobra F-Max One Length irons
The F-MAX One Length Irons feature all the same technologies with the simplicity of a single length set make-up. Engineered to match 7-iron weighting throughout the set, and designed with optimised constructions for more consistent ball striking, accuracy and distance gapping from long irons to wedges, the irons also have larger, midsize grips with reduced taper, improve comfort and consistency, while lighter shafts and swing weights promote maximum clubhead speed and distance for moderate swing speeds.
The One Length version uses Lamkin REL 360 Midsize Plus grips in blue & red (softer compound standard men’s size in the women’s irons in a pink & blue colorway), with a red & blue COBRA SUPERLITE 60 shaft in graphite in ladies or senior flex. The ladies set utilises a COBRA SUPERLITE 55 shaft in graphite.
Men’s Steel Irons (£449) – 7-piece set that utilises True Temper Superlite steel shafts; includes 5-PW and GW available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in stiff, regular and lite flexes.
Men’s Graphite Combo Set (£699) – 7-piece set that utilises Cobra SUPERLITE 60 gram shafts; includes 5H, 6-PW, GW available in both right-hand and left-hand versions in stiff, regular and lite flexes.
Women’s Graphite Combo Set (£699) – 7-piece set that utilises Cobra SUPERLITE 55 shafts and incudes two hybrids and five irons (5H, 6H, 7-PW and GW) available in both right-hand and left-hand versions.
Men’s ONE LENGTH Set (£449) (£549 Graphite) – 5-piece set that utilises Cobra SUPERLITE 60 shaft in a blue & red colorway; includes 6-PW in regular or lite flexes.
Women’s ONE LENGTH Set (£549) – 5-piece set utilises COBRA SUPERLITE 55 shafts in Lexi blue & raspberry; includes 7-PW and SW in ladies flex, right-hand only.
Available: August 18