Need To Know
PAYNTR GOLF might not be a brand you have heard too much about, but with the release of its new PAYNTR X 001 F shoe, set to release in March, you're bound to start seeing a lot more of this exciting new brand.
Also Read: Best Golf Shoes
The entrance of this new golf brand is the result of a dynamic partnership between PAYNTR GOLF co-founders David Paynter and Mike Forsey. Paynter is a former professional cricketer who created the successful PAYNTR performance athletic footwear company in the U.K., and Forsey is a U.S. based golf footwear expert with more than 30 years of experience in the global arena.
Forsey led the technology team that has developed the brand’s debut product - PAYNTR X 001 F. The shoe fuses together a series of contrasting elements to allow golfers to optimize and harness the power in their swing – what PAYNTR labels the Performance Multiplied innovation ethos. Force x Velocity = Power.
We recently got our hands on a pair of the brand's debut golf shoe, so check out all the details in our first look video.
WATCH OUR FIRST LOOK REVIEW OF THE PAYNTR X 001 F SHOE BELOW:
"PAYNTR is giving golfers a traction advantage. The shoe amplifies the golfer's ability to use the ground as leverage and generate more power to the ball," said Forsey. "PAYNTR sees the golf shoe as golf equipment. Just as ball and clubhead speed are critical to performance, so is harnessing the power from the ground up in our feet. If you think about it, your foot and your shoe are the only things that are in contact with the ground. So, your shoe has to give you support, energy return, comfort, be waterproof and lightweight. We believe we achieved each of those things in the X 001 F."
To further detail the Performance Multiplied innovation ethos, the shoe combines four key players: Performance Enhancing Traction System; All-Day Comfort; Explosive Propulsion; and Waterproofing.
- Performance Enhancing Traction System is a 3D traction system that entails rotational, horizonal, and vertical dimension:
- Rotational Dimension – A lightweight supportive "Thermoplastic Urethane" (TPU) Outsole is specifically designed with traction knubs in the medial forefoot and lateral heel to prevent rotational slippage.
- Horizontal Dimension – The Dual Durometer Midsole supports the horizontal weight shift with its firmer Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (EVA) in lateral heel and medial forefoot to enhance flexibility and keep the foot down on the ground as long as possible; there is a softer EVA in the lateral and medial heel.
- Vertical Dimension – A Responsive Graphite Power Plate /Midsole Cavity provides a responsive energy return that allows golfers to harness ground reaction forces during the golf swing.
- Holistic Comfort – A lightweight breathable upper, soft and supportive underfoot cushioning, combined with a PMX (Performance Multiplied) FOAM midsole provides all-day comfort and zonal specific support for the golf swing. A vented tongue wicks perspiration away from the foot.
- Explosive Propulsion – An articulated TPU outsole and zonally engineered PMX FOAM midsole house a lightweight responsive graphite power plate that helps deliver golfers maximum energy return to more effectively generate ground reaction force.
- Waterproof – Beading water directly off the shoe in wet conditions, the Payntr X 001 F is treated with a superhydrophobic NeverWet® solution.
Available from March 1 at an RRP of £120.
GOLFMAGIC FIRST LOOK VERDICT:
- Extremely comfortable
- Set to rival top brands
- Fairly priced
- Packed with proven technology
- Fantastic traction and feel
Stay tuned for our full review of the PAYNTR X 001 F shoe in the coming months once golf courses are back open in England and we can really put them to the test.