Problems at the Magical Kenya Open have continued after the European Tour announced that live coverage would once again not be available for Saturday's action, after failing to provide coverage for Friday's second round.
"Unfortunately, due to ongoing logistical difficulties beyong our control we will be unable to deliver live world feed coverage of the third day of the Magical Kenya Open presented by Johnnie Walker on Saturday 20th March 2021," said the European Tour in a statement.
"In cooperation with the local and national authorities we are continually working to resolve the situation as soon as possible and hope to be in a position to provide live coverage for the final day of the tournament.
"Thank you for your continued patience. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused."
Statement on the broadcast of the #MagicalKenyaOpen.— The European Tour (@EuropeanTour) March 19, 2021
A similar statement had been made on Thursday, to let golf fans know that Friday's second round would not be shown on TV and it seems the issue is one that the European Tour has no power in resolving.
The "logistical difficulties" are unknown at this time, but given that the national authorities are involved, it sounds like it is a serious problem and it's unlikely to be resolved in time for Sunday's final round.
Golf fans had their say on Twitter in response to the statement, with many suggesting that Kenya is not a safe location to host European Tour events.
"Obviously a great shame not to see any coverage, the question is, is it even safe to host such events?" said one golf fan.
Australian Scott Hend shares the lead of the tournament after the opening two rounds alongside Finland's Kalle Samooja at 11-under par, with Dean Burmester and rising star Connor Syme just one shot beack in second place.