Tommy Fleetwood had a hilarious reaction to this week's bombshell news in men's professional golf.
In the statement, it's said that the two tours will be combining their commercial businesses and rights with the golf-related commercial businesses and rights of the PIF, to create a new entity.
The statement came as a shock to the golf world as much of the past year and a half has been headlined with hostilities and lawsuits between the PGA Tour, DP World Tour and LIV Golf, which is funded by the PIF.
Shortly after the news was released, it became clear that players had been kept in the dark from PGA Tour commissioner Jay Monahan's ground-breaking decision.
Players like Collin Moriakwa and Mackenzie Hughes quickly took to Twitter:
I love finding out morning news on Twitter— Collin Morikawa (@collin_morikawa) June 6, 2023
Nothing like finding out through Twitter that we’re merging with a tour that we said we’d never do that with.— Mackenzie Hughes (@MacHughesGolf) June 6, 2023
While all this seemed to be going on, Fleetwood appeared to have a very different approach to the situation.
According to golf journalist Amy Rogers, the 32-year-old skipped Tuesday's meeting.
In a tweet, Rogers said:
Tommy Fleetwood just passed by the clubhouse, opting to skip the player meeting with Jay Monahan. When asked why he just shrugged his shoulders and said he was practicing his game.— Amy Rogers (@TheAmyRogers) June 6, 2023
Not too long after, Fleetwood also attended a Toronto Blue Jays game at the nearby Rogers Centre.
Check out our Father's Day Golf Gifts to suit a range of budgets and playing abilities