Donald Trump celebrates as DP World Tour returns to Trump International for 2026
DP World Tour confirms return to Trump International in Aberdeenshire from August 20-23 following renewed agreement with title sponsor Nexo.
United States President Donald Trump is welcoming the news that the Nexo Championship is returning to his Trump International Golf Links in Aberdeenshire in 2026.
Nexo and the DP World Tour has today confirmed a renewed agreement that will see the tournament staged once again at Trump International from 20-23 August, with the tournament serving as the finale of the DP World Tour’s Closing Swing and the concluding tournament of the opening phase of the 2026 Race to Dubai.
Trump, a passionate golfer, owns and operates 17 golf properties globally through The Trump Organization, including two courses in Scotland.
Nexo became the DP World Tour’s Official Digital Wealth Platform in 2025 through a deal running until 2027, before later securing title sponsorship of the Nexo Championship.
The inaugural edition at Trump International last season proved a success, highlighted by Scotland’s Grant Forrest winning on home soil after finishing eight-under par and four shots clear of England’s Joe Dean.
Forrest also claimed the first-ever Course Record presented by Nexo bonus following his second-round 66.
The innovative course record initiative, introduced by Nexo, begins with a $10,000 prize fund at each tournament and increases until a course record is broken before resetting at the next event.
In a statement, Nexo said the tournament had already become “something we are genuinely proud of”, citing both the introduction of the course record prize and the crowning of a Scottish champion during the event’s debut year.
Ben Cowen, Chief Tournament and Operations Officer at the DP World Tour, welcomed the renewed agreement and praised Trump International’s Old Course as “one of the leading new links courses in the United Kingdom”.
Eric Trump, speaking on behalf of the host venue, said Trump International Scotland was “greatly honoured” to host the event for a second consecutive year, adding that the property’s two championship links courses along the North Sea coastline had quickly established themselves as world-class venues.
Donald Trump Jr. also welcomed the announcement, describing 2026 as “another incredible year for championship golf at Trump International, Scotland”.
Trump Jr is the ex-husband of Vanessa Trump, who now dates golf legend Tiger Woods.
Originally launched on the Race to Dubai schedule as the Scottish Championship in 2020, the tournament has since evolved into the Nexo Championship as part of the digital wealth platform’s growing investment in global sport.
The 2026 edition will also feature a celebrity pro-am on Wednesday 19 August, further expanding the event beyond the professional competition.
Nexo’s wider sports sponsorship portfolio includes partnerships in Formula 1, tennis and international football, as the company continues to target premium global audiences through long-term sporting investments


![Yurav Premlall [DP World Tour]](https://www.golfmagic.com/sites/default/files/2026-05/prem124.jpg?aspect_ratio=1:1)
![Yurav Premlall [DP World Tour]](https://www.golfmagic.com/sites/default/files/2026-05/premi12.jpg?aspect_ratio=1:1)