A little over twelve months ago, Collin Morikawa turned professional and joined Team TaylorMade. Now, not even 24 years old, he has two PGA TOUR titles to his name. Morikawa, 23, shot rounds of 65-66-72-66 to win in a playoff after the 3rd extra hole and move to world no. 13.
Morikawa relied on his stellar iron play as well as his SIM Max Rescue 19° this week to reduce the par 5 5th hole to a eagle-birdie-birdie-eagle across all 4 rounds.
Using a mixed iron bag of TaylorMade P750 and P730's, Morikawa was pulling off a masterclass in iron accuracy and came inches away from a hole-in-one at the par-3 4th, with this sublime effort.
The 23-year-old has two SIM Max Rescues that he interchanges depending on the course and approach shots he faces. He has a 19° that goes high, landing softly at 245 yards and another 19° that has a flatter trajectory landing at 245 yards with roll.
Collin Morikawa - What's in the bag of the Workday Charity Open winner
- Driver: TaylorMade SIM | 8° | Tensei White 70TX shaft
- Fairway: TaylorMade SIM | 14° | Diamana D+ 80TX shaft
- Rescue: TaylorMade SIM Max | 19° | Tensei White 100TX shaft
- Irons: TaylorMade P750 | 4-5; TaylorMade P730 | 6-PW | DG X100 shaft
- Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 | 52° & 60°
- Putter: TaylorMade TP Juno
- Ball: TaylorMade TP5 #5