Titleist have launched its AVX golf ball, designed to offer distance and a soft feel through a proprietary core, cover and aerodynamic technologies.
“Golfers have spoken loud and clear about the performance of AVX,” said Michael Mahoney, Vice President, Titleist Golf Ball Marketing. “While our R&D team is constantly exploring new golf ball technologies, only a limited number of prototypes ever make it past the initial machine and player testing phases. AVX stood out from the beginning.
“Ultimately, it was important to let golfers decide whether this golf ball had a place in our line and the results of our test market were emphatic. Many golfers were waiting for a product like AVX – our lowest flying, lowest spinning and softest feeling high performance golf ball – to help them play their best.”
Featuring a proprietary multi-component construction, AVX delivers distance and penetrating flight, very low long game and iron spin, soft feel and premium scoring control through the following new technologies:
- An innovative high speed, low compression core technology results in a powerful engine to drive remarkable distance with exceptionally soft feel.
- The invention of a new high flex casing layer enhances speed and controls spin to promote even greater distance.
- The proprietary GRN41 thermoset cast urethane elastomer cover has been specifically formulated by Titleist Golf Ball R&D to deliver scoring control with soft feel and long lasting durability.
- A unique catenary aerodynamic design delivers a piercing, low trajectory while providing a consistent ball flight on all shots.
- AVX is made by Titleist associates in the company’s state-of- the-art Ball Plant 3 manufacturing facility to the highest performance and quality specifications in the industry, ensuring the most consistent performance ball to ball, and dozen to dozen.
- AVX is offered in both white and high-optic yellow.
“During the test market, we heard from a lot of golfers playing competitive models who realised they had been giving up performance in order to play a softer feeling golf ball,” added Mahoney. “With AVX, not only were they getting the feel that they love, they were also getting longer distance with great performance in the short game – and they were playing better. That’s the reason so many golfers are talking about this golf ball.”
Price: £52 per dozen
Available: 2 July 2018