Pat Perez has been confirmed as the LIV Golf player who has dropped out of the antitrust lawsuit against the PGA Tour.
Per a report by Sports Illustrated's Bob Harig, the three-time PGA Tour winner admitted that he "did not think through" his decision to join the lawsuit.
Perez turned heads when he was announced as a LIV Golf signee before the third $25million event in Portland, Oregon, at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club.
When he signed up with the Saudi-backed series, he was called out for his historic anti-LIV remarks. When previously asked if he was going to be getting on "the Saudi train", he replied: "F*** no".
He also added: "The biggest question is there's no guarantee with that [LIV] tour. The PGA Tour's going to be around a long time. If 60 guys leave, there's going to be 60 more guys that come up and fill those spots."
Perez also was involved in a tense press conference during his LIV debut week where he absolutely tore into the PGA Tour alongside Patrick Reed.
He later turned up to the draft party wearing a shirt made out of dollar bills.
Originally, 11 LIV players brought the antitrust lawsuit against the PGA Tour. Carlos Ortiz has also withdrawn his name. Perez confirmed he had also dropped out on Friday.
He told Harig: "I have no ill feelings toward the PGA Tour or any of the players.
"I'm a LIV guy 100 percent. I'm going to play for them. But I don't feel any need to go after the PGA Tour. They gave me a wonderful opportunity for 21 years. I've got nothing against them, no hard feelings toward anybody. I earned everything I got out there, don't get me wrong.
"I chose to leave and I'm not looking to come back. I'd like to maybe play the Champions Tour one day if that can work out and that's why I have not given up my membership. But there is no benefit to doing this. I have an unbelievable deal with LIV and I’m behind them 100 percent."
Perez, who is now 46, has amassed more than $28million in prize money with the PGA Tour. It is alleged that his LIV deal is worth $14million.
In the two events he has played, he has earned $1,804,000. Although $1.5million has come from twice being on Dustin Johnson's winning team the "4 Aces".
Perez told Harig of the lawsuit: "I didn't really think it through. I did it to back our guys."
A trial date has now been set for the showdown. Judge Beth L. Freeman confirmed that the case would likely be heard in January 2024.
Perez ominously warned that he believes that it's "too deep" when asked by Harig about the possibility of LIV Golf and the PGA Tour working out a plan to co-exist.
"I don't see it happening anymore," he said. "There's just too much on both sides and it's gotten ugly. I just don't see a resolution, unfortunately. There was a I time I did."