Tyrrell Hatton has become the fourth player to withdraw from the Valspar Championship this week after he tested positive for Covid-19.
The Englishman joins Will Gordon, Brice Garnett and Sepp Straka who have also pulled out due to positive tests and with all four players having recently competed at the Zurich Classic, it is a cause for concern for the PGA Tour.
Hatton took to social media on Tuesday to announce that he will not be playing at Copperhead Course and has gone into self isolation, as per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) rules in America.
Hey guys!— Tyrrell Hatton (@TyrrellHatton) April 27, 2021
Sadly I have had to withdraw this week from the @ValsparChamp after testing positive for COVID-19 today.
I will now be self isolating under the CDC guidelines.
I wish everyone well this week and look forward to being back out on tour soon.
"Hey guys! Sadly I have had to withdraw this week from the Valspar Championship after testing positive for COVID-19 today. I will now be self isolating under the CDC guidelines. I wish everyone well this week and look forward to being back out on tour soon," Hatton said.
It's a huge blow for the Valspar Championship, with Hatton currently ranked 8th in the world and is currently one of the best players on the PGA Tour right now, following his rise in the rankings over the past few years.
The PGA Tour will be concerned about the string of positive Covid tests, given that all four players took part in the team event at TPC Louisiana last week, while a statement on Hatton was also made.
"PGA Tour member Tyrrell Hatton has withdrawn from the Valspar Championship after testing positive for COVID-19," the Tour said in the statement.
"Hatton will have the PGA Tour's full support throughout his self-isolation period under CDC guidelines."