DP World Tour chief executive Keith Pelley has reportedly taken a leaf out of Greg Norman's book by filing a memo to players. And in it he's asked them to think about "the bigger picture" over the Saudi golf league.
More: DJ goes fishing ahead of tying the knot
As first reported by the Daily Telegraph, Pelley wrote to the membership on Tuesday morning to talk about the looming eight-event LIV Golf Invitational Series.
The first event is being held at Centurion Club in June and it has been reported "at least six" DP World Tour members have asked for releases to participate.
In his memo, Pelley reportedly said: "Conflicting events, regardless of how attractive they might appear to you personally, potentially compromise our efforts in these areas and could significantly hurt your tour in both the short and long term.
"Please continue to bear this bigger picture in mind."
According to GolfChannel, Pelley also pointed out that many of the events will be played opposite "heritage events" on the DP World Tour that include the Irish Open, Italian Open and Open de Espana.
More: Ryan Palmer reveals how he lured Scottie Scheffler as teammate
More: PGA Tour pro breaks down painful losses
In the memo, Pelley also is said to have addressed rumours that the DP World Tour had previously turned down an investment offer from Golf Saudi that was worth millions of dollars.
"Although we had discussions with Golf Saudi about extending our relationship beyond the Saudi International tournament, we never received a formal written offer from them," wrote Pelley.
He did reportedly say that the DP World Tour previously received an offer from Raine Capital two years ago.
Raine Capital was linked with the source of money that was behind the separate Premier Golf Legue concept.
More: Why Patrick Cantlay doesn't chase OWGR
More: Billy Horschel is done appeasing the haters
Bubba Watson has reportedly been targeted to participate in the LIV Golf Invitational Series, among others
The eight-event LIV Golf series - which Norman has been organising - will feature 48-man fields with a team concept and $25million purses.
After the event in London, the next four tournaments are scheduled to be played in the United States.
Earlier in the week PGA Tour pro Robert Garrigus became the first player to acknowledge they had asked for a waiver to participate in the first event in London.
But he refused to comment further on the matter. The PGA Tour declined to comment, too. They have until May 10 to grant waivers.