Rickie Fowler wasn't happy with a fan who called him 'a coward' during the first round of The Open Championship at Royal Liverpool.
The moment was captured on video and you can see a young chap (perhaps who had drunk one too many beers) confronting the American.
Said person asked of Fowler: "What happened to the 49ers investment?" They then added: "Come on, Leeds! You coward!"
The man is referring to Fowler pulling out of putting some of his money into Leeds United Football Club.
It was recently confirmed 49ers Enterprises had completed the takeover of the relegated football club.
The deal brought an end to Andrea Radrizzani's six-year reign as owner at Elland Road with his 56 per cent stake being bought.
Watch the clip here:
Rickie Fowler not happy with a spectator calling him out after pulling plug on 49 er’s deal ! pic.twitter.com/O2SrVdr3hY— Liam Marshall (@_LiamMarshall) July 20, 2023
Spieth previously told Sky Sports:
After posting an opening 72, Fowler told No Laying Up's Kevin Van Vulkenberg: "That's a first. Maybe he should put up his own money."
Chatted with Rickie Fowler after his round. Asked him about being heckled by a fan, something he believed was a first. "He called me a coward for not going through with my Leeds investment," Fowler said. "That's a first. Maybe he should put up his own money."— Kevin Van Valkenburg (@KVanValkenburg) July 20, 2023
Open Championship 2023 info:
- The Open Championship field
- The Open Championship tee times
- The Open Championship odds
- LIV Golf players in the field
- Streaming information
- How to watch
- Prize money information
- Exemption categories
- Players who are exempt but not competing
More GolfMagic articles from the 2023 Open Championship
- The coolest thing about The Open, according to Rory
- Why Tiger Woods isn't playing The Open
- Spieth channels inner child
- Stenson launched impassioned LIV Golf defence
- Cam Smith fires warning shot to Rory
- Cam Smith defends Greg Norman
- McIlroy snubs media duties (again!)
- Feature: Oliver Wilson interview
- Koepka fires back over Rory question
- Paige Spiranac weighs in on enduring debate
- Players briefed about Just Stop Oil
- Jon Rahm backs PGA Tour boss
- Fitzy downplays his Open chances
- R&A boss on Saudi investment for The Open
- Hideki caught 'twerking' on the range
- Senior player 'targeted' by activist
- McIlroy finally speaks to the media!
- R&A announces new tournament
- You won't miss Viktor Hovland this week
- Tiger arrives at The Open
- Pat Reed blasts merger
- Who is Christo Lamprecht?
- Par-3 17th claims first victim!
- Matt Jordan's other-worldly bunker shot
Watched our latest YouTube video?