Golf Saudi ambassador Gary Player has issued a renewed call for peace between LIV and the PGA Tour after saying he thinks it's "lovely" some players are getting the opportunity to cash in when "most of them can't play anymore".
Player was speaking to IOL Sport at the Gary and Vivienne Player Invitational last weekend at Lost City Golf Course in Sun City, South Africa.
Player has always maintained the position that he doesn't begrudge players jumping ship.
Their inaugural $255m season came to a close in October at Trump National Doral with a $50m prize purse event, which was won by the aforementioned Johnson's 4 Aces GC side.
It's clear that more defections are expected to follow. One name touted, Xander Schauffele, approached the topic of his future after reports emerged he and Patrick Cantlay had already signed on the dotted line.
Player said he thinks there just needs to be "respect across the board".
He told IOL:
Golf legend Gary Player weighs in on the 'war' between the PGA and LIV Invitational Series. pic.twitter.com/nJc25w2ozK— Mahlatse Mphahlele (@BraMahlatse) November 20, 2022
LIV Golf will play 14 events globally in 2023. The total prize purse of the LIV Golf League will be $405m.
At the time of writing, LIV are yet to strike a much-needed TV deal.