Masters Thursday means one thing: legendary golfers Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player and Tom Watson getting the major underway.
But perhaps one of the most memorable traditions is watching the honorary starters hit the first tee shots. It's a huge honour.
The tradition first started in 1963 and over the years a number of legends have struck the opening shot.
Those include the likes of Byron Nelson, Gene Sarazen, Ken Venturi, Sam Snead, Arnold Palmer and Lee Elder.
Watson is the most recent player to pick up the honour.
Two-time Masters winner Watson had shoulder surgery in the middle of last year, which threw his appearance into doubt.
He has recovered quickly and sent a beauty right down the middle of No. 1. As did Player, who delivered his patented kung-fu kick.
Nicklaus, though, probably had the most humorous tee shot. The Golden Bear is now 83 years old.
After gingerly making his way to his golf ball, he could be heard asking a gentleman not to tee up his golf ball.
Nicklaus could be heard saying:
Watch the moment here:
More GolfMagic articles about the 2023 Masters:
- Rory McIlroy tests new equipment before the 2023 Masters
- LIV Golf players at The Masters: Form, guide, odds, tips
- Gary Player risks the wrath of the green jackets
- Sir Nick Faldo to come out retirement, cover 2023 Masters
- Bubba, Brooks discuss LIV animosity at Augusta
- Divide in golf 'media driven', say LIV players
- Sir Nick Faldo renews Greg Norman rivalry
- Cam Smith says it's 'BS' LIV Golf players aren't competitive
- Tiger, Bryson in practice round mix-up
- Cameron Smith makes shocking LIV revelation
- Greg Norman fuming at no Masters invite
- Gary Player doubles down on Augusta criticism
- Aaron Wise WDs, citing mental health concern
- Brooks Koepka admits missing McIlroy battles
- Tiger Woods confident Rory McIlroy will eventually win Masters
- LIV Golf star admits 'could be my last' Masters
- Phil Mickelson 'didn't speak' at Champions Dinner
- Tiger unsure how many Masters he has left
- Rory McIlroy re-ignites feud with Patrick Reed
- R1, R2 Tee Times
- Bryson DeChambeau addresses 'par 67' comments
- LIV Golfer gives frosty response to Phil, Couples beef
- DJ gives the most on-brand answer
- Rory McIlroy packs on the PDA with Erica Stoll
- McIlroy, Scheffler curious with Callaway driver
- LIV pro blasts fellow rebels on eve of Masters
- Why Greg Norman was snubbed
- Tiger doesn't like watching replays of iconic shot
Who do you think will win the 2023 Masters? Get involved with our FREE Fantasy game, brought to you by Callaway.