It's fair to say Jon Rahm is one of the more emotional players on the PGA Tour.
But would it be unreasonable to suggest he's taken this to a new level at the 2023 US Open at Los Angeles Country Club?
Reader, I posit to you that the Spanish World No. 2 is having an emotional week. He made the cut on the number, but it was tough work.
Let's start with his opening round where (to this writer's eye) Rahm hit what could be described as a near perfect tee shot. Dead straight. Roasted.
His immediate reaction was to turn around and very nearly snap his iron over his left knee.
I mean, that was absolutely priceless. Fans loved it. "The tournament has officially begun," one wrote in response.
Hot mics later picked up Rahm dropping one of the biggest F bombs you'll ever hear. Even for Jon Rahm, this one was special.
Then Rahm later took out his frustrations when he was walking back to the scorer's hut.
Take that, sign!
Golf caught this:
Bad day to be a sign at LACC. pic.twitter.com/MRdFTKBfCR— GOLF.com (@GOLF_com) June 17, 2023
Rahm has addressed his temper on numerous occasions. Am I ever going to escape that question, Rahm asked the media two years ago.
Still, he has been up front about it all. "I've done some stuff in the past that I'm not proud of, and I wish I could eliminate it," he previously said.
After winning the US Open in 2021, Rahm said he vowed to make an effort to quell his temper to be a better example for his son Kepa.
He has two children now with his wife Kelley Cahill.
"I know it's hard to believe, but there's been a steady progress,'" Rahm said of his temperament, adding:
More GolfMagic articles from 2023 US Open:
- Rory McIlroy cracks up at heckler
- Golf fans shocked by Patrick Reed gesture
- Los Angeles Country Club course breakdown
- Morikawa with epic PGA Tour-PIF answer
- McIlroy avoids Mickelson mix-up
- Cantlay weighs in on Rahm 'betrayal' remark
- Justin Rose still baffled by Ryder Cup exclusions
- Koepka from the top rope with PGA Tour joke
- Fowler makes shock JT, Spieth admission
- LIV backers setting up compensation fund for loyalists
- DJ matches a Tiger Woods major record
- Koepka with the most on-brand response to reporter
- Bryson DeChambeau's range sessions are psychotic
- Security remove Mickelson heckler
- DJ heckled over infamous past
- Rory rages at his final hole airshot
- Sam Burns gives it large with ace celebration
- Tiger Woods to miss the Open
- Adam Hadwin gets brutally roasted by USGA
- Matt Fitzpatrick joins the hole-in-one party
- US Open prize purse full payout info