There is absolutely no denying Michael Block was the story of the 2023 PGA Championship.
Three rounds of level-par 70 doesn't particularly sound like much to shout about, does it?
But at Oak Hill, playing - and beating - the best players in the world when your full-time gig is the head pro at a joint called Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club then it makes for fairytale stuff.
Especially when the largest cheque you've ever received from a professional golf tournament was $75,000 nine years ago.
Block appeared somewhat overwhelmed when he was told he was comfortably beating Spanish World No. 1 Jon Rahm after he made the cut.
Speaking before the final round, Block summed up his week perfectly.
Whatever happens, how will he look back at this achievement years from now?
That quote came before he found out he was playing his final round alongside Rory McIlroy.
Watch that here:
Turns out the only way he could prep for his moment was by heading to the bar.
One man who has also played alongside Block is England's Eddie Pepperell, who chimed in:
Turns out I played with Michael Block at the 2018 PGA at Bellerive.— Eddie Pepperell (@PepperellEddie) May 21, 2023
Also turns out he didn’t have the same reaction back then as he did yesterday after finding out he’s playing with Rory.
Never change, Eddie.
More GolfMagic articles from the 2023 US PGA Championship:
- Tour pro set to play at Oak Hill despite injury
- Two-time major champ withdraws from Oak Hill
- Canada's best hope at US PGA
- How injured is Jordan Spieth? Just ask him
- CBS commentator blasts inaccurate claims over Lefty
- Tour pro gets the beers in after hitting fan
- Koepka gets snippy after admitting he 'choked' at Masters
- Jason Day refuses to reveal Tiger text
- Dustin Johnson hints of bedroom incident with Paulina
- Paige Spiranac continues indignation towards Rory
- Paulina Gretzky gets late night golf lesson from DJ
- PGA of America boss on LIV OWGR points application
- R1, R2 tee times
- Jon Rahm drops amusing DJ story
- Rory McIlroy to avoid LIV 'narrative'
- GolfMagic Fantasy picks
- Shane Lowry risks injury
- Jim Nantz takes another dig at LIV Golf
- Scottie Scheffler takes five minutes to hit shot
- Viktor Hovland defends his appearance
- Phil Mickelson shocked by state of Bones
- Scottie Scheffler doesn't believe Tiger Woods
- Tour pro gets two-stroke penalty
- Rules official saves Phil Mickelson from penalty
- How many LIV Golf players made the cut?
- LIV Golf account slams PGA Championship
- Talor Gooch still ranting about US Open
- Bryson DeChambeau has sponsor nightmare
- Phil Mickelson reaches an incredible milestone
- Jordan Spieth's shot lands in a terrible spot
- Jon Rahm takes anger out on a microphone after shank