Only 24 hours after taking part in the Masters Par 3 Contest, the 39-year-old was forlornly making his way around the notoriously hilly Augusta.
Na was one of the first LIV Golf League players to step onto the tee box at the first men's major of 2023.
A number of breakaway tour players are wanting - now more than ever - to put on a good display this week.
They have faced accusations they aren't playing 'real golf' owing to the fact they play 54-hole events with a shotgun start.
That being said, Smith reckons it's 'BS' they aren't and won't be competitive at major championships going forward.
Smith wasn't the only LIV player to offer his thoughts on this subject.
We also had Harold Varner III explaining how LIV players aren't in Space Jam and their powers haven't mysteriously vanished.
Those comments came after Varner absolutely tore into his fellow 'rebel' players with an expletive-laden rant.
But back to the subject of our article and Na, who came out the gates with a double-bogey on No. 1 and then dropped more shots on 5, 6 and 9.
He posted a couple of birdies to move back to 4-over but ultimately called it quits.
Augusta National later confirmed Na's withdrawal was because of illness.
Watch this video of Na looking absolutely defeated:
Why is Kevin Na so sad? pic.twitter.com/fa8EPkaxXj— Meg Adkins (@megadkins_TFE) April 6, 2023
More GolfMagic articles about the 2023 Masters:
- Rory McIlroy tests new equipment before the 2023 Masters
- LIV Golf players at The Masters: Form, guide, odds, tips
- Gary Player risks the wrath of the green jackets
- Sir Nick Faldo to come out retirement, cover 2023 Masters
- Bubba, Brooks discuss LIV animosity at Augusta
- Divide in golf 'media driven', say LIV players
- Sir Nick Faldo renews Greg Norman rivalry
- Cam Smith says it's 'BS' LIV Golf players aren't competitive
- Tiger, Bryson in practice round mix-up
- Cameron Smith makes shocking LIV revelation
- Greg Norman fuming at no Masters invite
- Gary Player doubles down on Augusta criticism
- Aaron Wise WDs, citing mental health concern
- Brooks Koepka admits missing McIlroy battles
- Tiger Woods confident Rory McIlroy will eventually win Masters
- LIV Golf star admits 'could be my last' Masters
- Phil Mickelson 'didn't speak' at Champions Dinner
- Tiger unsure how many Masters he has left
- Rory McIlroy re-ignites feud with Patrick Reed
- R1, R2 Tee Times
- Bryson DeChambeau addresses 'par 67' comments
- LIV Golfer gives frosty response to Phil, Couples beef
- DJ gives the most on-brand answer
- Rory McIlroy packs on the PDA with Erica Stoll
- McIlroy, Scheffler curious with Callaway driver
- LIV pro blasts fellow rebels on eve of Masters
- Why Greg Norman was snubbed
- Tiger doesn't like watching replays of iconic shot