Lowry wasn't alone in getting frustrated at Royal Liverpool this week.
Afterall, it's a major championship - the last of the year - and represented another golden opportunity to rack up crucial Ryder Cup qualifying points.
Because he was the 2019 Open champion and relishes playing in tough conditions, many thought Lowry had an excellent opportunity to lift the claret jug for the second time at Hoylake.
It wasn't to be and Lowry missed the cut by three strokes. It was all the more frustrating for the 36-year-old as he played his final five holes in three over par to miss out on the weekend.
Then he was filmed snapping a club over his neck.
Harrington did make the cut but finished on 8-over after posting a final round of 74. He has defended Lowry and revealed he has changed his opinion on players who vent their frustration on the course.
Harrington said: "I haven't seen it. Was it a good break?"
Harrington will now turn his attentions to the Senior Open at Royal Porthcawl.
"I'd love to go down there and win it," he said. "I'll wait and see what the golf course is like and the conditions for the week. It's a long time since I've played it, so we'll see."
Open Championship 2023 info:
- The Open Championship field
- The Open Championship tee times
- The Open Championship odds
- LIV Golf players in the field
- Streaming information
- How to watch
- Prize money information
- Exemption categories
- Players who are exempt but not competing
More GolfMagic articles from the 2023 Open Championship
- The coolest thing about The Open, according to Rory
- Why Tiger Woods isn't playing The Open
- Spieth channels inner child
- Stenson launched impassioned LIV Golf defence
- Cam Smith fires warning shot to Rory
- Cam Smith defends Greg Norman
- McIlroy snubs media duties (again!)
- Feature: Oliver Wilson interview
- Koepka fires back over Rory question
- Paige Spiranac weighs in on enduring debate
- Players briefed about Just Stop Oil
- Jon Rahm backs PGA Tour boss
- Fitzy downplays his Open chances
- R&A boss on Saudi investment for The Open
- Hideki caught 'twerking' on the range
- Senior player 'targeted' by activist
- McIlroy finally speaks to the media!
- R&A announces new tournament
- You won't miss Viktor Hovland this week
- Tiger arrives at The Open
- Pat Reed blasts merger
- Who is Christo Lamprecht?
- Par-3 17th claims first victim!
- Matt Jordan's other-worldly bunker shot
- Patrick Reed with explosive comments
- Fleetwood raises hopes of Open success
- How Paige Spiranac celebrated The Open
- Wyndham Clark hits spectator's iPad
- Ernie Els rages with PGA Tour top brass
- Rickie Fowler labelled 'a coward'
- An outrageous McIlroy par save
- Lefty almost wipes out Collin
- Brooks Koepka with frosty response to reporter
- Shane Lowry loses his cool
- Rickie and Rory discuss JT
- Brian Harman hates this nickname
- Paddy reacts to Talor Gooch distraction
- ZJ concerned with JT
- Scheffler on giant TVs distracting him
- Jon Rahm shuts down reporter
- Who is Alex Fitzpatrick's girlfriend?
- McIlroy's major woes continue